The loan scam is a form of crime that is already well known in our times. It works almost always in the same way and has a common feature: anticipating a value in exchange for effecting the operation.
It is possible to identify if you are falling on the loan scam. Stay tuned.
The problem is that even being famous, this type of stellation still finds a favorable environment to multiply its number of victims. And do you know what else contributes to that? Lack of information.
Re-organizing finances and balancing the personal budget are the goals of every citizen who knows how to value their money. Except that, eventually, a runaway here, or an emergency situation there, and the money ends up getting short.
At these times, is it worth taking a personal loan ? Yes, but all you do not want to do is be vulnerable to malicious people.
Needing extra money may be a reality, but it need not become a reason for torment. Want to protect yourself from the loan shock?
So, join us with the nine golden tips we have prepared to help you!
But first, let’s get to know better how the loan scam is applied:
How does the loan scam work?
The situation is always the same. On the one hand a person who seeks to remedy some unfavorable financial circumstance. On the other hand, a stoner who finds in the momentary fragility the proper condition to involve another victim in the loan stroke.
You may have seen a lot of news about this type of crime. The fact is that in moments of short money, it is easy to blur attention and let go of some obvious signs, which indicate that something is not right.
In general, the scammers are pretty convincing. They are well aware of the reactions that may arise in the midst of “negotiation.”
But with such a well-rehearsed speech, how can we be suspicious that we are dealing with a criminal? The best way is to know your modus operandi well, that is, how they act.
In general, the gangs that apply the loan scam act the same way.
Let’s look at some fairly common features:
- They misuse names of known and trusted institutions or banks;
- They use unofficial communication channels such as telephones, social networking chats, or message exchange applications to talk to victims;
- They take an urgent tone so that the victim does not have time to reflect on the proposal.
Careful, it’s a blow!
The main and characteristic of the loan scam is the requirement to receive a lump sum in exchange for the release of the amount to be borrowed. That is how this crime is sustained.
The justification is conditioned on the pretext that the value will cover the rates for the effectiveness of the business. Or what will serve as a “surety bond” to bypass the absence of the guarantor or guarantor.
The form of receipt is always by means of transfer or deposit in bank account. But this account, in general terms, is always from an individual.
This is the most common form of this type of coup. But even if everything seems to be in order, the stewardesses always leave some room for suspicion.
Some warning signs to identify the loan scam
We have seen so far the most common features that indicate the imminence of a coup.
What we will see below are the signs that often appear:
- Even if a gang identifies itself as a representative of reputed institutions, the account used for receiving the advance payment is usually from an individual. In many cases, these accounts are not even tied to the institution to which stellarians claim to belong;
- The physical address of the company, used in the publicity materials, does not exist or houses a business of another nature;
- And speaking of publicity materials (which serve as a “decoy”), they almost always present grotesque Portuguese errors or incoherence of information.
Suspect: The more attractive the offer, the greater the risk of fraud
Already the saying goes: when the alms is too much, the saint suspects. This is a truth when we talk about personal loans. But it turns out that times of financial crisis make people more vulnerable.
Do not be carried away by very “miraculous” conditions, in the form of extremely low interest rates, timely payment deadlines or immediacy in the release of money.
These offers lead to misjudgment and divert attention to what is really important to be considered at the time of the negotiation: the good reputation of the company granting the loan.
This may seem difficult in some ways. However, in the hyperconnected world in which we live, it is easier to discover traps, even those more hidden.
But how do you know if you are actually talking to a representative of a serious company?
You can do a good search online to make sure about it:
- Within the official website of the company chosen to negotiate the loan, make a complete scan and check if there is mismatch of information, errors of Portuguese, etc;
- Make sure the site has digital security certificate: that green padlock that is on the left side of the address bar. It demonstrates that the information therein is safely transited;
- Visit websites that measure the consumer satisfaction index to analyze how the company’s relationship with your customer is One of them is the Complaint Here. Another institution that can be checked is Procon.
- Visit the website of the Central Bank (Bacen) to confirm that the institution is authorized to offer this type of operation.
From the collection of this information, you will be more secure when negotiating the conditions for granting a personal loan.
And to help further, we separate a checklist with a step by step for you to follow.
9 Golden Tips for a More Secure Personal Loan:
- Look for institutions with a good reputation in the market that are authorized by the Central Bank to carry out the credit granting operation;
- Never accept to make deposits or previous transfers of any amount, under the condition of validating the loan;
- Never give your personal information and documents to strangers;
- Be wary of miraculous offerings: very quick release or very cheap rates;
- Never agree to pay the installments of the loans upon deposit in accounts of individuals;
- Verify that the business operates at a valid physical address;
- Do a research on the company and its reputation before doing the business;
- Check the consistency of the information on the company website;
- Save advertising material with the loan offer advertised.
Is online loan insurance safe?
Speaking of online research, is it possible to make an online loan securely ? Yes, this mode is quite safe when you look for a properly accredited company.